Built in the early 1900’s, the University Fieldhouse originally served as an airplane hangar in the state of Washington. The structure was donated to the University of Minnesota after World War II, and assembled in its current location in 1949. Today, the facility is accessed by open recreation participants, the University of Minnesota’s Track and Field team, and a variety of University and community renters.
The University Fieldhouse houses the following:
- 200-meter indoor track
- 4 basketball courts
- Indoor soccer fields
- Table tennis accomodations
- I see no specified open recreation hours besides in the Fieldhouse, are there hours for open recreation in the U. Recreation and Wellness Center?
- All hours outside of the scheduled programming and events are devoted to open recreation. The Fieldhouse has limited open hours therefore the reason for the specific listed times for open recreation.
- How can I reserve time for any of the Recreational Sports facilities?
- For information regarding facility space availability and pricing contact Kori Shingles.